Tēnā koutou katoa,
We warmly welcome you back to Term 3.
As we move into our innovative new learning space, we will change our class name to Tai Timu – the low tide. At low tide, Taonga/treasures from the Moana are shared with us. We will be raising our learning like the tides rise each day.
The kaupapa we follow in Tai Timu are:
- Living the Ngunguru School Values
- Leading our reading – leading our learning
- Everyone learning to the highest levels
- Mistakes are valuable
- Questions are really important
- Learning is about creativity and making sense
- Value deeper learning over speed
- Learning is about connections and communication
This term we will be exploring the freshwater inhabitants of our catchment with a Field Trip on 20th August. We will be delving into sentence structures, exploring multiplicative thinking, and inquire into everyday science phenomena. We will be using lots of different ways to build our understandings and show what we are learning – in creative and artistic ways.
Ngā mihi nui,
Heather McWilliam and Tessa Heswall