Tēnā koutou katoa,
Welcome to Tai Timu
Pupuri te Pihukahuka mo te Akoranga
This term, our journey through the solar system has delivered us to Earth, where we will explore time. We begin with the current Olympic event, and use this context to identify our own strengths and develop learning goals. We then explore Earth’s timeline back through evolution and history, as well as learning how we measure time.
Our philosophy ‘Hooked on Learning’ is all about the human dimension representing the risk-taking, resilient, questioning and self reflective learner.
In Tai Timu we are learning to always be kind, respectful and protect our learning.
- Live the Ngunguru School Values
- Leading your reading – Leading your learning.
- Everyone can learn to the highest levels.
- Questions are really important.
- Learning is about creativity and making sense.
- Value deeper learning over speed.
- Learning is about connections and communication.
- Tai Timu is a place for learning , not performing.
Ko te ahurei o te tamaiti aroha o tātou mahi.
Ngā mihi nui,
Whaea Tess and Heather McWilliam