Happy New Year everybody. Welcome back to school 2021
Tēnā koutou katoa,
We warmly welcome you back to Term 1, 2021 at Ngunguru School, and an exciting new chapter in our teaching and learning together. Welcome to our Tai Pari Hub. We also welcome Tim Burke to the senior team.
We are preparing for our first full year in Tai Pari, our new innovative learning environment. Tai Pari, embodies the high tide and our wonderful Tamariki, who continue to mature in age, stature and confidence as curious, life-long learners, using the warm, friendly nutrient rich currents that the rising tide brings.
Our Tai Pari Hub kaupapa-principles are:
- Understanding and demonstrating the Ngunguru School values.
- Teachers work collaboratively together to run and maintain a consistent and effective learning hub. Each of our teaching strengths are celebrated and utilised to inspire and enhance learning opportunities for all of our Tamariki.
- Understanding that mistakes are valuable and are an integral part of our learning.
- Effective communication and making connections together promotes effective teaching and learning.
- Thoughtful questions are powerful tools that can assist us with our learning.
- Effort and achievement is recognised and celebrated together.
This term our major focus is CHALLENGE. The students of Tai Pari Hub will be formulating their own open ended and thought provoking questions that will help to lead them on a strongly self-directed and purposeful inquiry.
This is a camp term and we will be heading to Lonsdale Park near Matauri Bay. Detailed information will follow shortly.
Ngā mihi nui,
The Tai Pari Hub team
Ms Brookland, Mr Ford, Mr Rahui, Mr Burke